On February 18, we brought together some of Atlanta's brightest design and research minds to discuss all things Information Architecture (IA) for World Information Architecture Day 2017 (WIAD). This global one-day conference, hosted in 58 locations across 5 continents, served as a chance for the IA community to hear from countless thought leaders in the field at the local, national, and international level.
As part of the day, I coordinated and moderated a panel comprised of Georgia Tech students who spoke about AR and VR. We explored how various fields and domains are well-suited for the space, ways we might leverage methods currently used in traditional design and research approaches, and how to ensure teams are building technology that accounts for and is representative of a range of diverse audiences.
- Annick Huber, a Master's student in Human-Computer Interaction
- Sarthak Ghosh, a Master's student in Human-Computer Interaction
- Joshua A. Fisher, a PhD student in Digital Media
- Tica Lin, a Master's student in Digital Media,
- Amit Garg, a Master's student in Digital Media
Overall, we hosted our greatest WIAD ATL yet!
Post thumbnail image source: